- 1/2 lb. Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 c. dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spray 12 regular-sized muffin cups.
- Remove sausage from casings. Brown and crumble in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Add onions and cook until translucent; 2-3 minutes. Add celery and apple, cooking for about 5 minutes. Stir in the sage and garlic powder; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, sausage, bread cubes, and dried cranberries. Stir in eggs and chicken stock.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, gently pressing down into the muffin cups.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until golden. Let cook 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin on a wire cooling rack. Loosen muffins with a knife or spoon to gently release muffins from the cups.