Smoked Sausage Mac ’N’ Cheese
With Scott Pete Smoked Sausage and creamy cheddar cheese, this will be your go-to recipe.
- 1 package Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 1 8oz. block sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Over medium heat, brown the sausage in a large skillet. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Grate cheese using a box grater. (can also use pre-shredded cheese, about 2 cups)
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and set aside.
- Microwave milk until warm, about 2.5 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until it has all been added.
- Cook, stirring frequently until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Add a dash of salt.
- Add pasta and sausage to pot and mix well.
- Serve immediately.