Smoked Sausage Grilled Cheese
Need some comfort food? This smoked sausage grilled cheese really hits the spot!
- 4 ounces Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices American cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- A couple spoonfuls of sauerkraut for each sandwich
- In a pan, fry sausage until browned and heated through then set aside.
- On two pieces of bread, put two slices of cheese.
- Place smoked sausage on top of the cheese, covering the entire piece of bread. Add sauerkraut on top of smoked sausage.
- Add two more pieces of cheese on top of the sauerkraut and sausage.
- Place the remaining two pieces of bread on top.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on one side of each sandwich.
- Heat large pan and place sandwiches butter side down. (you can use a small pan and cook the sandwiches one at a time)
- Toast sandwiches on medium heat for about 4 minutes or until the bread is a dark golden brown.
- Brush butter onto the side facing up and flip.
- Toast for another 4 minutes or until that side is also golden brown. If cheese is not completely melted, turn heat to low and cover the pan with a lid)
- Place sandwich on a plate and enjoy!