Smoked Sausage and Beer Cheese Dip
Sausage, cheese, and beer! All of your favorites in one tasty dip!
- 1/2 pound Scott Pete Polish Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark beer, such as Guinness
- 4 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
Coat a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Add sausage and cook until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Add mustard, cream cheese and beer. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, one handful at a time. Add the Tabasco and transfer to the baking dish.
Bake the dip for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.