Shrimp Sausage Chowder
Rich, creamy and delicious, this loaded shrimp and sausage chowder is perfect for a cozy, comforting meal. Play around with the spice levels and add hot pepper flakes or finish with your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (21–25 count)
- 1 cup croutons
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat, add oil. Add sausages, leek, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add Old Bay seasoning, tomato paste and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sausage and vegetables are well coated. Add potatoes, 2 tablespoons chives and 2 tablespoons parsley and stir to coat.
- Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn, cream and shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Divide chowder evenly among 6 bowls. Top with croutons and garnish with remaining chives and remaining parsley before serving.
Tip: This soup is also delicious with cooked chopped bacon or pancetta. Add to chowder in the last few minutes of cooking.
|Per 1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 24g|