- 1 c. cooked rice of your choice
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese blend
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Move the rack to the middle position. Prep your peppers by cutting them in half, and removing the seeds. You can keep the insides of the peppers and incorporate them into the filling.
- Using a 9×13 baking dish, pour 1 c. water to the bottom of the dish. This is to steam the peppers so they’ll cook faster.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and any chopped up pepper insides for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and brown. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, roughly 8 minutes. Drain most of the fat.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt & pepper.
- Fill your peppers. Once all the peppers are filled, cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle the peppers with cheddar cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.