Inspired by the traditional Spanish rice dish, this paella is ideal for an easy yet impressive dinner. Our Hot Polish Sausage adds heat and flavor, which pairs perfectly with rich, saffron-infused rice and seafood.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 Hot Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Spanish-style rice
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Pinch saffron
- 1/2 pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (21–25 count)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In large skillet set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Using slotted spoon, transfer to medium plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is softened and fragrant. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until coated. Add broth and saffron and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 17 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Add mussels, shrimp, peas and sausage to skillet. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are pink, mussels have opened and liquid has been absorbed. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. (Discard any mussels that did not open.)
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Spanish rice, commonly known as Bomba, can be replaced with a medium-grain rice such as Calrose or Carnaroli.
|Per 1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 6g|