Sausage Hoagies with White BBQ Sauce
This loaded sausage hoagie is topped with a creamy mayonnaise-based barbecue sauce that's super-quick and easy to make.
White BBQ Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp deli mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (1.25 lb) Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- White BBQ Sauce: Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Sausage Hoagies: Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or heated through and lightly charred all over. Grill buns for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausages in buns with drizzle of BBQ sauce, sautéed onions and bacon. Sprinkle with chives.
- Also delicious with Scott Pete Beef Hot Dogs, Hot Beef Polish Sausage or Hot Polish Sausage instead.
- Serve White BBQ Sauce with sliced grilled Scott Pete sausages for an easy appetizer.
4 to 6