Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bake
A delicious way to start your day.
- 1/2 pound Scott Pete Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup prepared grits
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- In a heavy skillet, brown sausage, breaking up into pieces with spatula. Drain off excess fat; set sausage aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, pepper and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until blended.
- Add sausage and half of the cheese sauce to cooked grits.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased casserole. With back of a large serving spoon, make 4 indentations in grits. Break an egg into each indentation.
- Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Reheat remaining cheese sauce to serve over top of grits and eggs.
|(Using 2% Milk)|