If you're from the south you know cornbread. Our added sausage takes it to the next level.
- 1 Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup drained whole kernel corn
- Cook sausage in a skillet until well browned on all sides. Cut into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Remove sausage from skillet and set aside. Drain most of drippings.
- Add onions to the same skillet; sauté until golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and buttermilk until smooth.
- Stir in flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in corn.
- Fold in onions.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place sausages evenly over top of the batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm and browned.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.