Sausage & Bean Casserole
A simple summer meal.
- 2 packages Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 2 tablespoons Kentuckian Gold Dijon Mustard
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Cut the kielbasa into 3-inch pieces then halve pieces lengthwise. Spread a little mustard over each side of the kielbasa pieces.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole dish, layer 1/3 of the beans, 1/3 of the sliced onion, and 1/3 of the kielbasa.
- Repeat layers two more times. Pour the red wine over the casserole. Top with the buttered breadcrumbs.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 35-37 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 minutes longer, until casserole is hot and bubbly.