Sausage and Potato Soup
Delicious and hearty. A Chicago favorite.
- 2 Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium to large russet potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Coarsely chop the potato slices. Leave some of the potato peel on. Thinly slice onion and sausage and coarsely chop.
- In a slow cooker combine potato, onion, soup, and chicken broth.
- Turn cooker on HIGH. In skillet over medium heat, brown sausage. Drain well and add to mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 4 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in milk and parsley flakes. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until heated through.
6 - 8