Philly Cheese Sausage Hoagies
Change it up! Replace the shaved beef in a traditional Philly sandwich with Scott Pete Smoked Sausages for a dinner-worthy sandwich the whole family will love.
- 4 Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 4 soft hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 each red and green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook red and green peppers, and onion for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in separate skillet set over medium-high heat; cook sausages for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until heated through.
- Place sausages in buns. Top with pepper mixture and cheese slices. Place on baking sheet; broil in top third of oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.