For Hot Dogs:
- 8 Scott Pete Wieners & Franks
- 8 strips of bacon
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 8 hot dog buns
For Pico De Gallo:
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap each hot dog in strips of bacon and transfer hot dogs to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. Roast about 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the yellow onion until it starts to brown, roughly 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook peppers and onion together for another 10 minutes.
- To make the pico de gallo: Combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice and add salt to taste.
- Build your hot dog with your finished toppings and ENJOY!
6 - 8