Jalapeño Popper Dogs
Inspired by the popular ooey-gooey pub-food snack, these grilled sausages are packed with all the classic flavors of jalapeño poppers. Perfect for summertime barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
- 8 large jalapeño peppers
- 4 Scott Pete Polish Sausages
- 6 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 sausage buns
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Slice ends off jalapeños. Cut a slit down one long side and remove seeds.
- Without cutting all the way through, slice each sausage lengthwise to create a slit. Stuff each sausage with 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese and 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. Wrap jalapeño tubes around sausages (2 per sausage), affixing with toothpicks if necessary.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- Grill sausages, occasionally turning carefully, for 5 to 8 minutes or until fully cooked, cheese is melted and jalapeños are lightly charred. Toast sausage buns on grill in the last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling, until lightly toasted.
- Arrange sausages in toasted buns (remove toothpicks if used). Drizzle with mustard before serving.
Tip: Level up your toppings—try drizzling with barbecue sauce and topping with crispy fried onions for added flavor and texture.
|Per 1 sausage|
|Saturated Fat 13g|