Homemade Deep Dish Pizza
Is it a pizza or is it a casserole? When it's this delicious, it doesn't matter!
- 1 pound Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a skillet using medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the sausage rounds until brown on one side, then flip and cook until brown.
- Grease the inside of a 12-inch skillet with the butter. Place the pizza dough in skillet, starting in the center and evenly spreading towards the bottom edge and up the sides.
- Place sausage, peppers, and mushrooms as the bottom layer directly on top of the crust. Follow with mozzarella and marinara. Then sprinkle the garlic and oregano. Top it off with the parmesan and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place skillet on bottom rack of oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until edge of crust is golden brown and crispy. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
8 to 10