Homemade Corn Dogs
A family favorite you can make on your own!
- 2 packages Scott Pete Wieners & Franks
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Then stir in egg and milk.
- Preheat oil in deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Insert skewers into hot dogs.
- Roll hot dogs in batter until completely coated.
- Fry 2-3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.