- 1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dried marjoram
- 1 Tbsp. dried ground rosemary (or a small sprig of fresh, taken off the main stem)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 16 oz. Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, grated
- 2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder or salt, optional
- Tzatziki Sauce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced sweet onion
- In a food processor, chop the onion for about 15 seconds. Remove in a kitchen towel, and squeeze any remaining liquid out.
- Again in the food processor, add meat, garlic, salt and pepper with the onion and process about a minute, or until it looks like a fine paste. Place into a loaf pan, and press evenly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake the meat mixture in a water bath for about an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven, drain fat, and let cool in pan on a cooling rack. Cover with aluminum foil and place a heavy weight on top until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F, roughly 15 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan and snd slice as thinly as possible. The easiest is with an electric knife.
- Add grated cucumber to a colander and sprinkle with salt. Place a plate and weight on top to press out liquid, about 30 minutes.
- Drain, then squeeze to remove the rest of the liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve. We recommend chilling for at least 3 hours.
- Place the meat in a tortilla, drizzle with Tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and onion.