It's easy to make this zesty German street food at home..."Guten appetit!"
- 1 package Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 4-5 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons beef broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cut sausages into 1/2-inch coins. Add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan over medium heat and brown sausages, about 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- While sausages are cooking, add the ketchup to a small saucepan over medium-low heat and warm for a few minutes.
- Add the baking soda. It will cut down on the acidity of the ketchup’s flavor. Baking soda will cause ketchup to foam, so stir constantly until foaming subsides.
- Add the curry powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and cayenne and stir. Then add the liquids–Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and water–and stir. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over sausage pieces. Top with an extra dash of curry powder and eat with toothpicks if you want the full German street food experience!