Creamy Tuscan Soup
- 1 lb. Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 4-5 yellow potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 4 c. chopped kale
- chopped bacon for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Remove sausage from casings. In a large pot, saute the sausage until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In the same pot, add the onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt and pepper and bring soup to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender. Stir in kale and heavy cream. Add sausage. Taste test, and add salt and pepper as desired. Serve with parmesan cheese and bacon.
4 - 6