Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Alfredo
Perfect for a speedy supper, the whole family will love this quick and easy pasta that’s rich, creamy and loaded with delicious flavors.
- 1 pkg (1 lb) store-bought cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (1.25 lb) Scott Pete Polish Sausage , sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 3.25% whole milk
- 8 oz plain brick-style cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; slice sausage and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Transfer to plate.
- Stir butter into skillet until melted; cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Slowly whisk in milk; bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Gradually whisk in cubes of cream cheese, whisking until melted and smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add tortellini, reserved cooking liquid and sauce to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until well coated. Return sausage to skillet.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Also delicious with Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage, Hot Beef Polish Sausage or Hot Polish Sausage.
- Cook peas, broccoli or cauliflower florets with tortellini if desired.
4 to 6