Chili Dog Tater Tot Casserole
With all the flavors of a chili dog, this fun casserole tastes as yummy as it sounds.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz) tomatoes, lightly crushed
- 1 can (19 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Scott Pete Wieners & Franks , sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (28 oz) frozen tater tots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook ground beef for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in onion, garlic, chili powder and oregano; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, beans and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until beef is cooked through and chili is thickened.
- Slice sausages and place around dish. Sprinkle with cheese and top with tater tots. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Tip: Also delicious with Scott Pete Polish Sausage, Beef Polish Sausage, Hot Beef Polish Sausage or Hot Polish Sausage.