Chicken Bog with Smoked Sausage
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. long-grain rice
- 1 whole chicken, shredded
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 lb. Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 3 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cover the pot, and cook stirring occasionally until browned, roughly 10 minutes.
- Add the rice, shredded chicken and garlic to the pot. Stir to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sausage and broth. Stir well, cover and lower heat to low. Cook until rice is finished, according to package directions.
- Once the rice is cooked, add more broth until dish is a bit soupy. Sir in the green onions and parsley.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Vitamin A||657 IU|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|