Cheesy Cajun Pasta Bake
- 1 lb penne
- 1 pkg (1 1/4 lb) Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage, sliced (6)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat; cook sausages for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Transfer to plate.
- In the same skillet, cook onion, red pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pasta, reserved cooking liquid and sausages. Remove from heat; stir in provolone cheese and parsley. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausages are cooked through, pasta bake is bubbling and golden brown on top. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Substitute ziti or corkscrew pasta for penne if desired.
- Substitute mozzarella or fontina for provolone cheese.