Cajun Boil with Sausage
This recipe comes from Tom of Accident, Arkansas! Tom was the winner of our "Cook Something Bold Contest" in November 2020.
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, halved
- 1 lb. Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. shrimp, head on for a more authentic feel
- 1 lb. crawfish
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning
- lime wedges
Each ingredient is cooked separately, then added to an oven turkey bag one by one when each finishes cooking.
- Start with the potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1/2 c. (or more to your taste) of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning to the pot and 1 stick of butter. If you taste the water, it should be heavily salted and flavorful, with an orange foam on the top. Add potatoes and cook for 8 minutes. Then transfer to the oven turkey bag.
- Add another stick of butter to the pot, and more seasoning if desired. Cook the corn in the same pot, for roughly 5 minutes. Transfer to oven turkey bag.
- Add the sausage directly to the turkey bag. They’ll cook in the steam!
- Add another stick of butter to the pot, and more seasoning if desired. Add the shrimp and crawfish to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Again, transfer to the turkey oven bag.
- Add a few more sticks of butter to the oven turkey bag, more seasoning to taste, and tie off the bag. Shake to mix well. Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and mixed well. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the cajun boil!
- Serve with cut lime wedges.