Sausages + onions + beer = an all-time classic flavor combination.
- 1 package Scott Pete Sausage Links
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into rings
- 6 ounces beer
- 2 teaspoons butter (or olive oil)
- In a large cast-iron skillet or frying pan, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and brown the outsides. Set aside on a platter.
- Add the other half of butter to the pan and scrape up any sausage drippings as it melts. Add the onions and stir to coat with the melted butter. Cook until onion is soft and golden.
- Return the bratwursts to the pan and add the beer. Turn the heat down to medium and cook about 10-15 minutes, or until the beer has become thick and syrupy, turning sausages over halfway through.