Barbecue Potatoes with Sausage, Cheddar and Onions
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in a double layer of heavy-duty foil. Grill, covered, for 35 to 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or until fork-tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages for 12 to 15 minutes or until well marked and cooked through. Let cool slightly; slice thinly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Unwrap potatoes and split in half lengthwise; top each with pat of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Top potatoes with sausages and sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Tip: Substitute finely chopped fresh chives for green onions.