Baked Sausage Ziti
This is a dish packed with flavor.
- 1/2 pound Scott Pete Polish Sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups ziti or other tube pasta, uncooked
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, about 4 ounces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cook ziti according to directions on bag/box; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, brown sausage. Drain and place sausage on paper towels.
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté mushrooms, green peppers and onions until all are just tender.
- Blend flour into the vegetable mixture, stirring until well blended and slightly bubbly.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Blend in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese, the Parmesan cheese and the pepper, stirring until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir hot, cooked ziti and sausage into vegetable and cheese sauce. Pour into greased 2-3 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2-cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
|Calories = 599|
|Carbohydrates = 50 g|
|Fat = 36 g|
|Protein = 22 g|
|Fiber = 3 g|