Baked Brie with Bacon Sausage Dippers
This ooey-gooey baked brie with bacon-wrapped roasted sausages makes an irresistible yet simple appetizer.
- 1 package (1 1/4 pounds) Scott Pete Polish Sausage
- 9 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Toothpicks, for securing bacon
- 1 wheel (8 oz) brie, well chilled
- 3 small sprigs rosemary
- 4 teaspoons liquid honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each sausage into thirds crosswise. Arrange halved bacon strips on cutting board and top each with a sausage piece. Sprinkle evenly with chopped rosemary and roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place brie in center of 12-inch round baking dish. Arrange bacon-wrapped sausages around brie. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is golden brown and crispy around the edges and brie is just starting to ooze.
Tips: Substitute chopped rosemary and rosemary sprigs with chopped thyme and thyme sprigs if preferred.
Broil after baking for extra-crispy bacon.
For a loaded baked brie appetizer, sprinkle also with pecans and dried cranberries, or walnuts and fresh blueberries.
|Per 1/8 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 11g|