Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Great with a Salad.
- 8 strips Scott Pete Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons very cold water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
For crust: In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form; add water very slowly, until dough holds together and forms a ball. Shape into a rounded disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a circle about 11 ½ inches in diameter. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Leave about ¼ inch overhang of dough all the way around the edge. Prick dough with a fork. Line with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and thyme. Pour into the baked crust. Crumble bacon over the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until quiche filling is set and lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve.